To help you find the answer you’re looking for, please choose from one of the categories below.
Yes. Council meetings are normally held at 7.30pm on Wednesdays. Meetings are held at the Tithe Barn.
All these meetings are open for the public to attend. At Town Council meetings there is a slot on the agenda for members of the public to speak. At other meetings, if members of the public want to speak they need to let the chairman or the Town Clerk know before the meeting starts. The dates of upcoming meetings are available here. Agendas and Minutes of meetings are publicly available.
- Nailsea has a Farmers’ Market on the 3rd Saturday of every month, from 9am to 1.30pm.
- The Craft Market is on the 3rd Saturday from April to December, from 9am to 1.30pm.
- The Community Market is on the 3rd Saturday of every month, from 9am to 1pm.
- The Country Market is held every Friday morning from 10-11.15am at Christ Church Vestry Hall, Christ Church Close (closed first 2 weeks in January).
- The outdoor Tuesday Market starts at 9am in the Town Centre.
The town centre is privately owned. The Centre Manager can be contacted on 01275 854543.
The Town Council has a Planning and Environmental Committee that reviews and makes comments on planning applications in the town. Residents can attend its meetings to support or oppose a planning application. You can contact the Council Office to find out when the committee is reviewing an application. North Somerset Council takes account of the Town Council’s comments but does not have to agree with them.
Each current application has a link called ‘Comment on Application’, which you can use. If you contact the Town Council be sure to also make your comments known to North Somerset Council.