Welcome to Nailsea
Welcome to Nailsea Town Council's website which provides details of all our activities along with information about our community, heritage and history. Nailsea is a thriving and historic North Somerset town with a busy town centre, excellent restaurants, cafes and pubs and free parking. There is a Tuesday market and every third Saturday in the month we have our Farmers’ and Craft Markets. We would like to hear your views so please feel free to use the Contact Us link or call us on 01275 855277.
Items of note ...
- Any organisation seeking a grant from the Town Council should apply asap, click here for details
- As part of its Don't Waste It! campaign, North Somerset Council is urging all residents to recycle their old electronic equipment and has teamed up with town and parish councils to hold WEEE (waste electrical and electronic equipment) amnesty events across the district, where you can drop off old or unwanted kettles, toaster, TVs, computers, hairdryers etc. The nearest event is at Nailsea Library on Tuesday 23 September, from 4-6pm. For full details of all events visit n-somerset.gov.uk/weee.
- You can now follow Nailsea Farmers’ Market on twitter @NailseaMarket
- The next Farmers, Craft and Community market days are 18 October and 15 November in Crown Glass Shopping Centre (see 'Markets' page for a full list of this year's dates).
- Chairman's Annual Report 2013-14.
- Waitrose Nailsea gives funds to 3 local charities each month through their Community Matters Green Token Scheme. If you are a local charity or non-profit organisation and would like to apply or request any voluntary help, forms can be collected from the store and handed in at the Welcome Desk for the attention of Denise Turton.
the report by Professor Neumann into an underground alternative to
National Grid's proposed 400kV pylons.