Welcome to Nailsea
Welcome to Nailsea Town Council's website which provides details of all our activities along with information about our community, heritage and history. Nailsea is a thriving and historic North Somerset town with a busy town centre, excellent restaurants, cafes and pubs and free parking. There is a Tuesday market and every third Saturday in the month we have our Farmers’ and Craft Markets. We would like to hear your views so please feel free to use the Contact Us link or call us on 01275 855277.
Items of note ...
- The monthly market will be celebrating North Somerset's 'Made In', Food and Drink, Arts and Craft Festival and 'National British Food Fortnight on Saturday 20 September, 9am-1pm. The market will be brimming with local food and craft produce accompanied by music, dancing, face painting and a bouncy castle. Also, a chef from the Star at Tickenham will be cooking up some delicious tasty delights.
- National Grid has submitted a planning application for the Hinkley to Seabank connection. Anyone who wants to comment must register on the National Infrastructure Planning web-site. The deadline for comments is 26 August. Click here for details.
- You can now follow Nailsea Farmers’ Market on twitter @NailseaMarket
- The next Farmers, Craft and Community market days are 16 August and 20 September in Crown Glass Shopping Centre (see 'Markets' page for a full list of this year's dates).
- Chairman's Annual Report 2013-14.
- Waitrose Nailsea gives funds to 3 local charities each month through their Community Matters Green Token Scheme. If you are a local charity or non-profit organisation and would like to apply or request any voluntary help, forms can be collected from the store and handed in at the Welcome Desk for the attention of Denise Turton.
the report by Professor Neumann into an underground alternative to
National Grid's proposed 400kV pylons.